Wednesday, September 3, 2008

LOVE

LOVE ( Written By :- Subhasis Mukherjee )
=====
Love, O' my love,

Where is she?
Why can't I feel her anymore,
Flowing inside me?

Never were the meadows so green
Blushing in front of me,
For it was the warmth of her touch,
That brought the Spring in me.

Never was the sky so blue,
As pure as the morning due,
She painted with her magical hue,
A rainbow that mesmerized me.

Up ahead in the yonder sky,
Ships of clouds floated by,
Sailing my heart to the distant land,
Where she stood with her magical wand
And the Sun smiling down at me.

With the warm breeze touching my ears
Playing, as if she was there,
Fondling with my drifting hair
Standing just beside me.

High above in the full moon sky,
Making the stars fade in shy,
She stood there with her divine smile,
Like beautiful Venus staring before me.

Never would I feel the rain,
My eyes blinded
In the tears of pain,
Caressing me without any shame
Felt like she was embracing me then.

At last she spoke to me,
I found her voice deep inside me,
Telling me that she was mine
Right there from the start of time,
Accompanying me in my wildest dreams
Until I rest in an eternal bliss.
==================================

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This poem makes you think that the author is talking about another person when he is actually talking about the love inside of himself. Wondering where it went only to realize that it is inside of him and never actually left him. It shows how people tend to cling to others for love and happiness when in all reality it is in everyone and we need only look to ourselves for the eternal love that we all crave!

Anonymous said...

A very insightful and beautifully written poem.

~E