Wednesday, September 3, 2008

SOLITUDE

SOLITUDE ( Written By :- Subhasis Mukherjee )
========
Rise from your sorrow,

Rise from your pain,
Like the Moon in the night
Bathing the tree vanes.

Sing a lore
In the silent night,
Along with the breeze
Touching the distant wild.

Like the nightingale
In the forest, singing by,
Pour over your tune
In the crimson sky.

Fill in the night
With the solemn of your heart,
Like a mist over an ocean
Eluding the distant mast.

Let your tears rain,
Like raindrops pouring on tree vanes,
Leaf to leaf, vines to dust,
Quenching the wild sleeping thirst.

Like a calm,in the desert night,
Feel the breeze whispering by,
Telling a tale in a somberly tune,
Meandering by the endless dunes.

All that is gone
And was there before,
Never ever wish
They were never yours.

For all that you have felt,
And all that is left,
Is the glimpse of life
Flowing in your veins.
==========================

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really love reading this poem. It makes me stop and think of the vastness of not only the world but of life as well. It makes me yearn for more, then hold tight to what I have. I wonder what could have been then I remember what has some to pass in my life. Holding onto the reality while still watching the dream.